The Gift of Life

The Gift of Life

Here on the island there are many gifts; warm weather, new experiences, sunny days, new friends, time together, ....just to name a few.  Often times we look to the Christmas season as a material holiday.  I, like many others, have fallen into the wrappings and trappings of gift giving and receiving.  This year we wanted to keep a little of the old and infuse a lot of the new.  As our awareness grows and values shift we begin to learn what is really of value.  While it's important to let children be children for as long as possible we also want our children to appreciate that everyday is a gift.  We want them to begin to see the little moments in life that often slip by unnoticed and begin to see them for what they truly are, gifts.

I am so thankful and so blessed.  Being here has helped me realize what loving and wonderfully diverse family and friends I have in my life.  I appreciate each one of you for your individualism and the life you've lived to shape the person you've become. I am thrilled beyond words for the new young lives (in plenty) that have blessed us with their presence and for those little lives that are soon to come.  And I am so thankful for the lives of our elders that have loved me, taught me, protected me, and have always been a constant in my life. I am who I am and I am where I am because of you.

Now, here are some of those promised pics....
Some gifts are unexpected.


Some gifts come with a message.

Some gifts are much anticipated and not as expected.

Sometimes gifts come in simple packaging straight from the post office.

Some really good gifts come in small envelopes.

Some gifts are rolled up and mistaken as wrapping paper.

Some gifts are treasures.

Some gifts don't come under the tree.



Some gifts are yummy.



Some gifts come from love.

Some gifts are to be shaken.


Some gifts are quality.

Some gifts make us smile.

Some gifts have to be assembled.


Some gifts are from nature.

Some gifts are stumbled upon.


Some gifts come from pure kindness.

Some gifts are finally gotten when one slows the car down long enough to get a picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Paradise in VA: Yogaville

Time to transition....

7 Things I Learned From a Turkey Free Thanksgiving