On the Mend.

Dec. 5, 2012

Ugh....the Flu

Well nothing like a full blown case of the flu to knock you off your feet for a few days! The cold I  thought I had acquired on the last flight turned out to be the flu.  I spent a full 24 hrs. flowing in and out of a 102 degree temperature, alternating between freezing and sweating profusely.  Not the way to enjoy a Caribbean island! Today, I'm feeling better, back to the cough and sinus issues.

Update on the House

It's Wednesday and we are not yet into our house.  I'm really not sure what the hold up is.  I only hear that the paperwork is on the underwriters desk.  At one point our financial liaison said to Rob that it may look suspicious if we push too hard to get in any sooner.  I told Rob that I could explain it easy, we are on island and renting....this is expensive, hello?  I can see on Rob's face that he is frustrated, he has a stern look and a crease that comes in between his eyebrows when he gets worked up about something.  Hopefully with me feeling a little better I can help boost his spirits.

Yesterday was a Good Day

The boys on the other hand are adjusting quite well, they are getting along and having fun.  Yesterday Christian and Rob went for a walk on the beach and brought Nathaniel a hermit crab, he spent some time making a comfy home for his new pet and researching how to care and feed it.



Christian and I walked back to the beach later in the day to do some photography, inspired after a large white bird flew into our yard and spent a couple hours walking around amusing us.  We ended up in the ocean, a nice relief to be out and not on the sofa! Christian had such a great time playing in the ocean, he was rolling around and diving into the breaks, it was as thought he made a new friend, the ocean!  He was tickled and just laughing, what a wonderful site to witness and a joyful experience.



Next on the Agenda

Today the plan is to get in some beach time, have the children do some Waldorf inspired tree specimen study and begin to learn the local plants, then work on securing our post office box so we can start ordering for Christmas! Oh, and let me add that I'm going to eat some good food too! I've been on soup for days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Paradise in VA: Yogaville

Time to transition....

7 Things I Learned From a Turkey Free Thanksgiving