Do It Right

The Beach Is That Way

We started off this week by trying some new beaches.  We visited Cramer Beach which has a lovely view of Buck Island, soft sand, bathrooms, and covered picnic areas.  The beach is well protected by reefs.  We read that the beach was well used on the weekends, we went twice, once during the week with Kim and once this weekend with the boys.  It was pretty sparsely populated both times.

Day 1 at Cramers Beach:

Buck Island in the distance. Those our my toes. :)

Queenie

A Pelican waits for us to leave his fishing spot.

Self pic on the paddle board. 
Day 2 at Cramers Beach

Boys will be boys

I added the sea fan

Sweet Lil' Than

Sweet Model Christian

Big Sweet Boy Dashon
Mystery Vacationer...

It seems that there are not a lot of visitors on the island right now.  Well, except for one really well known one, who I believe is my neighbor.  I only say that b/c the Secret Service is camped out at the end of my street and Rob saw 3 identical black SUV's coming into the house last night, which was booming with music until I went to bed.  I see how they are not inviting the neighbors to the party!

I'll keep you guessing for now, lord knows I don't want my blog censored. ;)


Do It Right the First Night

I have a motto, it's "Do it right the first night!"  It started about a year ago on a trip to the Bahamas where Rob and I had such a great time our first night that the next day, when we were heading to a "yoga retreat" to spend the next month living in a tent, eating cauliflower, and practicing yoga for 6 hours a day (what's not to love?) we had second thoughts about going.  We had such a good time! Later that night when we got back to our minimally secure hotel, we barricaded ourselves in because the adjoining door had no locks.

Well imagine us, the next morning,  we are packing, reminiscing, laughing.  When we are ready to leave we can't find our room key and it's a $75 charge for losing it.  We have no idea where it could be, but we definitely used it to get in.  Now imagine our surprise when we move everything from the front door, open it, and see the key still sticking in the hole!

Do It Right the Last Night

My Kimmie left.  :( We had a really good time and it was so nice to have her here.  We explored a lot of the island with her and had many firsts.  We even had a last night out, care of Rob our driver and Dashon who stayed in to watch the boys.  We had a lot of fun!

We started with beach time, then happy hour at the Palms, which was quiet but we got some good intel, then we went to Savant.  Rob and I had dinner at Savant in May, and really loved the quaint atmosphere on the patio.  Nora is the bartender there and she is a sweetie and a very good bartender.  They have an ample bar and great wine.

We enjoyed laughing it up while making some new friends.  That's the great thing about island life, it's so easy to meet people who are genuine, and it's neat to hear their stories of how they came to be on St. Croix and what they do now.

Nora's Bar at Savant


Low Life where things get interesting! 

Great Panoramic Pic Kim took at Palms

Moon Rising at The Palms


A Good Lesson

After Savant we went downtown where we ended with one good learning experience.  Kim had walked outside of this place called LowLife, she walked down the boardwalk just a ways and got turned around.  Rob and I walked out and she was no where to be found.  I enlisted one of our new found friends, born and raised on the island, and we set out to find her.  Luckily, I brought my phone for picture taking, and turned on my cell service.  She answered and Rob walked her back to meet us.

Lesson being, don't let friends walk off!  While St. Croix is a friendly place, there are bad people everywhere.  So if you come to see me and we go out, hang tight! I don't want anything to happen to anyone. It's a crazy world out there, just sayin'.

Even though it was only about 10 minutes, it felt like forever.  Needless to say we were all relieved, all safe, and it was time to go home! Safe and sound.

Coming Up....

My dad and my step-mamma Mae are next on our lists of visitors.  Rob and I already have bets if my dad will leave the island or not!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Paradise in VA: Yogaville

Time to transition....

7 Things I Learned From a Turkey Free Thanksgiving