An Island Holiday

Where to begin....We have had another full week here on St. Croix.  Even though the energy of this time of year feels much different then our usual Christmas in Virginia, it still is full tilt, non stop activity.  My dear childhood friend, Kim, is here with us to celebrate Christmas.  It has been wonderful having her here, picking up where we left off many years ago.  It has also made me realize what a different dynamic having another girl in the house makes!  So ladies, come visit!!! I am outnumbered!!!

Christmas morning started very early, around 6am.  The boys were super excited, of course, to open their gifts from under the tree.  Shopping proved to be a more difficult task, than in years past; and of course I spent the two days before getting last minute gifts from around the island.  Although tiring, I really enjoyed exploring downtown Frederiksted and visiting new shops in Christiansted, which has the most unique and creative home town stores.

After our gift exchange, we had a light breakfast that including watermelon. :) Next,  we were off to the beach! We spent the whole day walking, swimming, and paddle boarding.  All the beach goers wished each other a Merry Christmas! Another first!

Later it was time to relax.  We all were exhausted!

I have lots of pics to put up, but we are headed back out to one of our fav's Rainbow Beach and Limon Beach.  I'm ready for some calm water and paddle boarding, Christian wants to see his friend, Kim's ready to check another box on her St. Croix Bucket List, and I think the rest of the group is game for some fun and tacos!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Paradise in VA: Yogaville

Time to transition....

7 Things I Learned From a Turkey Free Thanksgiving