Time to transition....

Celebration time, c'mon!

This week has many reasons to celebrate; on Monday my honey and I celebrated our 13 year marriage, and my baby boy turned double digits today, we are settled in our new home, we have planted good seeds,  safe travels, and countless blessings.   I can't believe the transformations we have been through in the last 10, I can't believe the transformations I've been through in the last 3 months!

There were a lot of good times with cherished family and friends, new and old.  St. Croix is very hospitable, the people on island are all connected if only that we chose St. Croix.  When you find the select few that you can experience this island in all of it's forms, accept each other's uniqueness and individuality, and have a good time...that's when you know you've had a good time!

Water

The dry season is making it's mark, the roads are dusty, there is a haze in the air somedays, mosquito's are hungry, rain is cherished.  Every few days I hear the water truck coming onto the mountain to fill up someone's cistern that is empty.  Many houses here were built in the 60's and have smallish cisterns that hold only 10,000-20,000 gallons, this seems like a lot, but with an average family of four and a month with little rain, it could dry up.  Luckily ours holds 40,000 gallons and we still have an ample supply even with the four of us and our guest.  I heard it's a little over $300 for +/-3000 gallons.

We also have rainmaker machines at some stores.  It's almost like a refillable water vending machine.  For $60 a gallon you can fill your refillable gallon and 5 gallon water containers.  I've also testing the PH of this water and it is around 9.5 or better!  If you know me, you know I greatly appreciate this savings.  A bottle of Fiji water here is around $5.99, besides it's not eco-friendly to ship here.

Writers Issues

I love to write and I have found it funny how much time I have spent of FB recently looking at funny writers humor only to realize all to well that I haven't written in weeks.  (I wish there was a story here)

Baby Fever

Thank you too all of my family and friends who keep having beautiful little children I have baby fever.
Major.  However, not in the traditional sense.  (story here)

Pics

Since I've been so lazy about blogging, the least I can do is upload some pics:

(stories to come...)

Pee Wee is on the island!

Add caption


Water for the birds, it's dry.


The boys are continuing with sailing lessons.





Countess's House

The beautiful ruins of a sugar mill and house

Main house on the property too.  It's amazing!

Hiked in to Jack and Isaac's on South shore




Happy Rob before the incident.... (poor Rob story here)



Keep calm and sail on!

Guess what he's doing?....Minecraft

Hokie Grill (food story here)

Our friends Tom and Jennelle (inspiring story here)

I love pasta salad. (this belongs to the food story)

Mommy aka Gma Nita is in town (let the good times role story here)

Looks like a gecko here. hehe

HAPPY BDAY THAN THAN!

Chore time!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Paradise in VA: Yogaville

7 Things I Learned From a Turkey Free Thanksgiving

The Divine Pendulum