Release, Create, and Manifest!

It is Cold!

We arrived home about 3 weeks ago and I've pretty much been in hibernation mode.  Fortunately, the first few days back in Virginia the temperature was in the 60's.  I managed to get out and walk my newly adopted grand dog, open my windows to air out the house, and make the rounds to visit my family.

Around the third or fourth day the weather took a turn and the temperature dropped into the 20's and 30's with light snow.  That's when things got tough; it's a difficult transition to go from 80's everyday, plenty of sunshine, and an open house with fresh air to cold, dry, wet, and stuffy.  It has taken me a couple weeks to regulate.


Staying Well

I needed to flow back into my old winter routines which proved a little difficult under the slight seasonal depression I felt coming on so quickly.  I immediately had a profound diet change; gone were the fresh fruits and veggies, the fresh fish, and the need for a cold beer!  I'm now eating soups, cooked veggies, no meat, cheese, hot water & tea, and red wine.  I've started back on vitamins with an exaggerated amount of flax along with vitamins E and D.

The boys had their share of struggles as well even though they love the cold weather and the snow!  Christian developed a dry rash that quickly turned into an inflamed sore patch on his leg.  He is very Vata (air energy) so he is taking oils and using coconut oils for hydration everyday.  Nathaniel caught a stomach bug after his birthday party and spent 4 days getting well. Even Rob is affected with head cold at the moment!

I'm trying my best to regulate all our diets accordingly and ensure that we are eating our nutrients and the right food choices for each of our Doshas (our individual energetic makeups).  It's tiring at times, however, necessary.  It's difficult with so many unhealthy meaty options at our disposal.  I'm growing to dislike any chain restaurant and I won't eat farm raised chemically infused fish.  They probably think I'm wacky sometimes! I know one day they will get it.


Homeschool

My views on schooling are ever-changing.  Being stateside and talking with other parents is always an eye opener.  I've come to realize that I may be raising activists.  I'm providing guidance for the boys to grow into leaders and life changers. I don't want them to lead sedentary or passive lives.  I love how their self-confidence and individuality is flourishing.  I love seeing them passionate about different pursuits and can't wait to see where it leads them as they have the opportunity to pursue their dreams.

When I started this process a little over a year ago, I had serious fears about whether I could do it at all. How would I keep up with the SOL?  How would I teach the both children different things at the same time?  I've learned that I don't want to keep up with the SOL.  I don't have to teach them different things at all.  There is so much in the world to learn;  with the web at our hands, educational books, games that teach math and technology, and projects that teach math and science; every day is a learning experience.

We are reading together more, being separate less.  We are discussing more, doing worksheets less.  We are enjoying each other more, arguing less.  We are accepting more, judging less.  We are active more, sitting less.  We are loving more, fighting less.  We are encouraging more, discouraging less.  We are supporting more, and expecting less.


Sleeping with a Mosquito

I read an interesting quote the other day, it said, "If you think you are too small to make a change, try sleeping with a mosquito."  I found it so true and funny.  In St. Croix, one mosquito in the room, biting me all night really disturbed everything!

Sometimes I still feel small, wondering what can I do to make a difference?

I'm starting to realize it's my reaction to different situations that makes the most difference in each moment.  Being present and content makes a big difference.  Not being offended at the things going on around me makes a big difference.  Finding detachment from the weather makes a big difference! I cannot control anything around me, I can only control how I respond to it and what action I take.

I choose to believe that I am making a difference.


Just Feel

Even though I practice yoga you might be surprised to hear that I get down, discouraged, sad, frustrated, and resentful sometimes.  The difference now from 10 years ago...I don't dwell in it for as long.  I have learned that it's ok to feel the way I feel.  It's ok to feel the way you feel!  Imagine allowing yourself to fully feel whatever it is, if its injustice, mental pain, mistreatments from our past, regret, whatever it is;  giving yourself an opportunity to just feel it for a moment.

When we allow ourselves to feel the emotions, we release them forever; we take away the power.  No matter how bad it is we are giving ourselves the permission and acknowledging the truth of how we were or how we are hurting.

We feel! We get up! We get off the sofa or out of the bed! And make a change!


Simple Changes That Work

Change can be very simple. We don't have to quit our job, sell our house, and dump our significant others.  It is more beneficial to start small, to start with something that gives us comfort and confidence to move forward.

In yoga we are taught that our surroundings reflect our mind.  That the corners of your room represent the corners of your mind.  We want to live with clear minds and so it makes sense to clean the cobwebs.  

I usually start by organizing something ( a drawer, your closet, a bookshelf, the refrigerator, etc.),  cleaning something, writing something, painting something, doing something for someone else, or I go for a walk.

Sometimes an outward change can spark an inward one.


Release, Create, and Manifest!

I am, we all are, constantly taking in information: absorbing, accepting, tolerating, taking things on, and stuffing things in. What we need to do is release, create, and manifest! This is part of our feminine energy, whether you are a woman or a man we all have masculine and feminine energy.

To release, create, and manifest really is important.  The masculine influences in our culture has had its run, now it is out of balance, and it is up to us to reestablish the connection to the divine feminine within.  It is time to create something from our innermost desires, to manifest our dreams into reality, and to release all the negative beliefs, fears, and transgressions that we are stuffing in order not to feel.

In order to move forward we have to release the past.  Sometimes we need to release what we are holding onto in the present.  I can promise you from experience, one little change in a positive direction will empower you and leave you wanting more.  Before you know it your dreams will begin to come true and the innermost desires of your heart will live amongst you.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Paradise in VA: Yogaville

7 Things I Learned From a Turkey Free Thanksgiving

Time to transition....