Transitioning the Universal Wave of Manifestation

It's been a little bit since I published anything so lets recap and catch up. ;)

Transitioning Can Be Fun or Hard to Do 

Transitioning is a constant in my life.  Either I am idling, which is usually only a brief moment or I am moving towards a particular goal.  Once the goal is achieved there is a feeling of accomplishment, I delight in the satisfaction that achievement brings…for a while, thus the short bit of idleness.  Then something happens and the excitement begins to stir within for something new.   Most of us have this pulling; maybe it is a degree or certification, a trip, a move, a new job, a new look, a new home, a puppy, or even a new love.  I believe this is part of the human condition.  So how do we find contentment in an ordinary life or is there only happiness in a life less ordinary?

In my experience, I find contentment in both, I consider myself a creature of habit and comfort, a typical Taurus trait.  I love my comfortable home and my solid group of friends some that have been around since childhood.  Every once in awhile I get a stirring for something new; I love to travel and immerse myself in new cultures and meet new people.  I began traveling in the Caribbean in 1999 and my love for everything about it only continues to grow. 

Creating Balance Between Two Worlds

I consider myself blessed.  I have had the opportunity to create a balance between my two worlds but this is something I learned over time, trials, and some errors too.   From 2000-2007 I stayed at home raising my boys.  There are 3 of them so it took most all my energy and dedication.  When they grew more self-sufficient I felt as though I needed to express myself in another way.  I went through what some call “The Dark Night of the Soul”.   It was during this time I found and fell in love with yoga.  Little did I know but I inevitably got swept into the Universal wave of manifestation.  I had often dreamt of becoming a business owner.   With my new found love I started down the path by getting a certification in yoga and soon after opening a studio.  I learned so much about myself, met amazing people and even traveled to India!  It was an exiting time. 

The dust settled and in 2012, the stirring began again.   I started to realize who I was as a spiritual being and that I needed a change in my life to find contentment.  I was torn.  I loved yoga, the philosophy, and my yoga family, yet the business side often juxtaposed the creative side.   I struggled to make sense of it all and make it work.   

Around this time, to my surprise, my youngest son decided he wanted to be homeschooled.  We discussed the idea from time to time, and I had more down time and felt as though I had more to offer.  My oldest son had just graduated; the middle one was on his way to middle school.  So we decided to give it a go.   It was a smooth transition and soon after the son in middle school decided to come home too.  It wasn’t long before I realized juggling a business and being a full time mom again was a bit much.    I needed to let go.  It was a tough decision, I love sharing yoga and spending time with wonderful enlightened individuals.  I just couldn’t be in two places at once, I couldn’t find the balance with the dynamics of the studio, and so I made the decision to sell. 

A Trip to the Beach Makes It Official

Now, with my children full time in the way of homeschooling I decided to find  ‘something new’ in the way of a quick trip to the Caribbean.

Oh boy!  Long story short, we are relaxing in a pool overlooking the ocean when one of us asked the other, “What would you like to do today?” and the other responds, “Let’s go look at houses! We’ve never looked at real estate on an island before.” 

Once again, I found myself swept up by the universe in the wild and wonderful waves of manifestation!  This new goal came with a sense of achievement and excitement, but also with a validation of the ability to manifest dreams into reality, proving to be an empowering time much like opening the yoga studio.  It is amazing what can be done when you set an intention!  We made an offer on a house during that short trip, a few months later, the seller accepted.  Less than six months after that we found ourselves packed up and left for St. Croix, USVI!  For five months, we immersed ourselves in island life and in family life; it felt like the first time all over again and it was amazing!

Riding the Wave

During our first go-around in St. Croix, I was probably as balanced as I have ever been.  Our days were filled with action mixed with relaxation, a morning walk followed by yoga, family breakfast, daily chores, homeschool time, then off to the beach! Once there we spent time playing in the surf and sand, paddle boarding, spending days at unseen beaches, eating great food, and meeting new friends.  The boys took weekly sailing lessons and joined a homeschool group.  Our evenings were spent playing board games, watching family movies and shows, spending time with our newfound friends, and the occasional romantic date night with a luxurious meal served in a quaint restaurant. 

After that first trip we travelled back and forth many times.  Each time we eventually slip comfortably into the routine or a variation of.  I have learned so many lessons on the island; many that serve when back in Virginia.  Meeting unique individuals and finding my tribe was a gift that came by being in St. Croix.  This group of ladies that I have the opportunity to spend my time with on the island has been one of the biggest blessings!  Though all unique, we share a common bond and acceptance of one another that has taught me so much and has helped me to strengthen my relationships with my friends and family in Virginia.  For this, I am eternally grateful!


Paradise is just a place.  Sometimes I struggle to find my center just like I would anywhere else.  And sometimes the lull hits when I am here or there.  I have learned that no matter where I am on the planet there will be good days and not so good days.  I practice gratitude, I still practice yoga, & I still teach whenever I have the opportunity.  I am still learning how to ride the wave of the lull and am ever excited for the next time the Universal wave comes rolling through.  I’m not sure what it will be this next time, but I’m sure it will be great whatever it is. 

Om Shanti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Paradise in VA: Yogaville

7 Things I Learned From a Turkey Free Thanksgiving

Time to transition....